I love Bacon, I love Mayonnaise. One thing that crosses my mind was, why hasn't anyone bottled it together yet? It'll be an awesome dip we can bring everywhere for breakfast, lunch, dinner and supper. Right? Now, I'm no Gordon Ramsey, I can't wipe one up magically just like that. So, the next best thing is to search the internet for the best recipe I could find to make my own.
Here's what I felt is the bestest one yet.
- 12 oz of olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon (the juice)
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- Bacon (I uses 6 slices)
- Pan fry the bacon to crisp, once it's nice and crispy the way you like it, remove it from the pan but make sure you get all those excess oil off the bacon. Let the oil bubble on the pan for a bit more so that excess water from the bacon is cooked away leaving you with just the oil.
- Strain the oil so that so that nothing but just the oil is collected and mix it in with the 12 oz of olive oil.
- Bring out a blender, put in the 2 whole eggs in (minus the shells) and let the blender work the magic in slowest speed on your machine. Don't crank up the speed or you'd spoil the eggs even before you start. You've been warned!
- Slowly pour the oil in a small steady portion while the eggs are being blended.
- As it starts to thicken, add in all the remaining oil, salt, pepper and lemon juice into the mix and stop the blender. From start to end, it should only take about a minute.
- Now that the hard work is done, you can extract the baconnaise from the blender into a container. Remember those bacon you fried earlier? crunch them up into small pieces and mix it in into the baconnaise for the finishing touch.
Now just a note, I don't know how long you can keep the Baconnaise in the fridge cause I usually finish mine within 2 days. Enjoy and let me know at the comment below how yours turn out.